Happy New Year Pine Grove!
This Year, Strive to Get Involved Spreading the Word so we Can Influence Our Community. Remember, we represent Jesus when we talk, when we text, and when we act. Every thing we do must be in keeping with the Word.
Did you know?
March is Save Your Vision month. Each year, an annual campaign sponsored by the American Optometric Association to create awareness around eye health and annual eye exams us promoted to raise public consciousness with regards to taking better care of their eyes. Click here to learn more.
This Week's Upcoming Events
- Monday, March 9, 2015 – 7:00 P.M. – The Couples Ministry Session will meet in the Pine Grove Memorial Fellowship Hall. We will kickoff Session 2, Chapter 3, “The First Thing She Can’t Do Without – Affection” in the book “His Needs Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage.” There will be food, fun and fellowship after the session. The Ministry Leaders are Rev. Eugene & Mother Sylvia Folks.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015 – 7:00 P.M. – No Ministry Meetings.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 6:30 P.M. – NO WEEKLY INTERCESSORY PRAYER SERVICE
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. – NO WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. – Pastor Turner and the Brotherhood Chorus will be on program Wednesday, March 11th at 7:00 P.M. at Morris Chapel Church (2135 Winchester Road NW – Huntsville, AL 35810) on their revival service.
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 – 6:00 P.M. – The Junior Usher Board will meet.
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 – 6:30 P.M. – The Angelic Choir will rehearse.
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 – 7:30 P.M. – Oratorical Practice.
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 – 7:30 P.M. – The Women’s Choir will rehearse.
- Saturday, March 14, 2015 – 8:00 A.M. – The Christian Girls United leaders and advisors will meet from 8:00 am – 9:00 am and ALL members will meet from 9:00 am – 11:00 am. We will discuss those chapters and start our scarf factor.
- Saturday, March 14, 2015 – 9:30 A.M. – The Healthcare Ministry will be conducting a Health Expo in the Memorial Fellowship Hall. This expo is for the entire church family and surrounding community. If you have questions please contact Mother Leola Gilliam.
- Saturday, March 14, 2015 – 12:00 (Noon) – The Senior Usher Board will meet in the conference room. New members are welcome.
Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth... We are Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church. Come and join us. Our primary worhip services commence every Sunday starting at 11:00. You will surely be blessed. We are a mainstream Baptist Church founded in 1894 located at 759 Pine Grove Road - Harvest, Alabama. We Believe that the Holy Scriptures are the inerrant Word of God.... and that Jesus Christ is the Righteous Judge of all mankind. We believe that by accepting Jesus as your personal savior, you can be saved. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the primary interpreter of the Scriptures for each individual believer. We believe that we must love, pray for, and care for our neighbors in order to please God. Come and worship with us. Let's give Praise and Honor to the Lord together.
On this Sunday...
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 8:00 A.M. – Morning Worship Service, Pastor Turner will bring the message, the Praise Team will provide the ministry in song.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 9:30 A.M. – Sunday School.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:30 A.M. – BRUNCH IS BEING SERVED. You’re invited to Christian Girls United BRUNCH each Sunday after Sunday School starting. The following will be served: muffins, fruit, pancake on a stick, hotdogs, chips, water, juice, and fresh coffee. Donations are requested.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 11:00 A.M. – Duty Officers: Deacon Richard Surles , Deacon Miles Snead- Devotional Prayer; Pastor Turner will bring the message, the Angelic Chorale Choir will provide the ministry in song.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 12:30 P.M. – See Sister Ela Washington for 2014 Individual Contribution Reports.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 12:30 P.M. – The 5th Annual “SISTAH-2-SISTAH LET’S TALK” Married and Singles Ladies Slumber Party. All monies must be paid by TODAY, March 15, 2015. For additional details, contact the event coordinator/leader, Mother Sylvia Folks.
- Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 5:00 P.M. – The Praise Dance Ministry will practice.
- Regarding Donations, Offerings and Tithes: In order to properly document all financial contributions, please write your name and correct monetary amount on an offering envelope. Use an envelope, with a printed name and amount even when the donation is paid by check.
- The 5th Annual “SISTAH-2-SISTAH LET’S TALK” Married and Singles Ladies Slumber Party will take the ministry on the road to Augusta, GA, April 16-19, 2015. The first task is to contract transportation (Luxury Bus) to the event. Ladies, if you desire to participate in next year’s event and ride the bus, you need to secure a seat.
Price for Bus
Single seat is $100.00 per person (Share a seat)
Double Seat is $200.00 per person (Seat to yourself)
Total Price for 3 night at the Marriott Augusta, GA Riverwalk
(Single rooms 1 bed, Double room 2 beds)
Single Room $450.00 per person
Double Room $225.00 per person (2 per room)
$150.00 (3 per room)
$112.50 (4 per room)
Small – X Large $11.00
XX Large – XXX Large $13.00
XXXX Large – XXXXX Large $16.00
All meals are taken care of EXCEPT 1 when we go offsite;
All payments need to be paid by 15 March 2015. For additional details, contact the event coordinator/leader, Mother Sylvia Folks and signup for the Bus Ride Now.
- Men Weekend (Get-A-Way) Fellowship 2015 Announcement Update
The men weekend get-a-way fellowship will be composed of various activities, with a focus on bringing the men together, who will travel, in conjunction with and in support of the 5th Annual “Sistah-2-Sistah, Let’s Talk” women event, scheduled for 16-19 April 2015, at the Marriott, Augusta GA. The host church desires to accommodate the men group with various activities, during the weekend. For interested men who don’t care to drive their POV, renting a van may be a better option. The host church needs to know what activities are desired by our men group. Interested men should sign the list located in the church bldg. foyer or contact Reverend Eugene Folks directly, at Mobile 256.417.5778 or by Email: email@example.com prior to the date above.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 6:30 P.M. – In preparation for our Annual Oratorical Contest, there will be a workshop on Wednesday, March 11th from 6:30 P.M. until 8:00 P.M., in the Memorial Fellowship hall. Sister Kelli Curry of the First Missionary Baptist Church will lead the oratorical workshop. This workshop will provide vital information on preparing for speeches/presentation and public speaking skills. All youth are encouraged to attend. Please sign-up! The sign-up sheet is on the table in the vestibule.
- Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 3:00 P.M. – The Healthcare Ministry & Pastor C. Jermaine Turner invite each member & our community to share in a Health & Wellness Expo. This Expo will take place on Saturday, March 14 2015 from 9:00 am – 12:00 Noon. For additional information please contact Mother Leola Gilliam.
- Oratorical Practice Schedule.
Thursday, March 12th after choir rehearsal
Wednesday, March 18th from 6-7 pm
Wednesday, March 25th from 6-7 pm
Thursday, April 2nd at 6 pm
Wednesday, April 8th from 6-7 pm
Saturday, April 11th at 12:00 noon
Wednesday, April 15th from 6-7 pm
Saturday, April 18th at 12:00 noon
Monday, April 20th from 6-8 pm
Tuesday, April 21st from 6-8 pm
Wednesday, April 22nd – 7:00 pm – Oratorical Contest
Monday, March 23, 2015 - 2:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. – Sister Taylor Hampton will be doing another blood drive on Monday, March 23rd at the Planet Fitness Parking Lot from 2:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. If you would like to donate blood to the American Red Cross.
- Sunday, April 5, 2015 - 9:30 A.M. – Easter Sunday Combined Worship Service. NO 8:00 am or 11:00 am service. (ONE SERVICE ONLY)
- Friday, April 10, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. – Pastor’s Anniversary Committee is planning a souvenir booklet to commemorate his Fifth Anniversary. Church Members are encouraged to support this effort by purchasing a personal ad. If you have a business you would like to advertise of do business with a business that you have been supporting for years and would like to ask them to buy an ad, please pickup a packet from the table in the vestibule. There will also be space available for persons who would like to be a patron. Deadline for purchasing ads is Friday, March 13th. Tickets for the event is $25.00 per adult and $13.00 for children 13 and under. Tickets will be available for purchase after morning worship on Sunday, March 1st.
Expressions and Memorabilia
- Please see Brother Walter Booker to order DVDs of the various special services provided by Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church.