It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. On the Fourth Sunday we are asking everyone to wear pink or pink accessories as we honor our Breast Cancer Survivors.
This Week's Upcoming Events
- Monday, October 6, 2014 – 6:00 P.M. – The Outreach Ministry will meet in the conference room. (If the weather is bad on this evening, the Outreach Ministry will not meet. Just stay Weather Alert.
- Monday, October 6, 2014 - 6:00 P.M. – The planning session for the 2014 World Baptist Women’s Day of Prayer Celebration will take place at the New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church where Reverend Ricky Sykes is the Pastor. Any lady of our church family who would like to help structure the Celebration is asked to attend this meeting.
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014 - 6:30 P.M. – WEEKLY INTERCESSORY PRAYER SERVICE.
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014 - 7:00 P.M. – WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY – will be studying Act 13. Pastor Turner will teach the lesson.
- Thursday, October 9, 2014 – 6:30 P.M. – The Mass Choir and Combined Choirs will rehearse.
- Thursday, October 9, 2014 – 7:30 P.M. – The Brotherhood Chorus will rehearse.
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 9:00 A.M. The Advisors/Leaders of Christian Girls United will meet at IHOP on hwy 72 West in Madison, AL.
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 10:00 A.M. – There will be a Prayer Breakfast at the Harvest Youth Club on Saturday, October 11th at 10:00 A.M. Please RSVP by October 8th to Reverend Essie Allen at (256) 694-0641. A flyer is posted on the Bulletin Board with additional information.
Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth... We are Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church. Come and join us. Our primary worhip services commence every Sunday starting at 11:00. You will surely be blessed. We are a mainstream Baptist Church founded in 1894 located at 759 Pine Grove Road - Harvest, Alabama. We Believe that the Holy Scriptures are the inerrant Word of God.... and that Jesus Christ is the Righteous Judge of all mankind. We believe that by accepting Jesus as your personal savior, you can be saved. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the primary interpreter of the Scriptures for each individual believer. We believe that we must love, pray for, and care for our neighbors in order to please God. Come and worship with us. Let's give Praise and Honor to the Lord together.
On this Sunday...
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 11:00 A.M. – Duty Officers: Deacon James Friday , Deacon Jeff Hardin- Devotional Prayer; Pastor Turner will bring the message, the Brotherhood Chorus will provide the ministry in song.
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 2:30 P.M. – The church is on program at the Mt. Zion M. B. Church in Toney, AL on the Tibbs Family Anniversary. The Mass Choir, Ushers and Officers are asked to serve
Did you know
Nationwide, October is National Bullying Prevention Month. This campaign in the United States was founded in 2006 by PACER's National Center for Bullying Prevention. The campaign is held during the month of October and unites communities nationwide to educate and raise awareness of bullying prevention. Traditionally held the first week in October, the event was expanded in 2010 to include activities, education, and awareness building for the entire month Click here to learn more.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide. It is estimated that more than 1.6 million new cases of breast cancer occurred among women worldwide. In the state of Alabama, 124 new cases occur every year with an average of 25 deaths due to the illness. African American women are twice as likely to perish from breast cancer compared to their Caucasian and Asian American women counterparts. Early detection is the key to fighting breast cancer. Learn how you may be eligible for a free screening to detect breast cancer.
- Regarding Donations, Offerings and Tithes: In order to properly document all financial contributions, please write your name and correct monetary amount on an offering envelope. Use an envelope, with a printed name and amount even when the donation is paid by check.
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 11:00 A.M. – A Special Choir Day will be held on Sunday, October 19th at 11:00 A.M. Pastor Green Davidson, IV will be the Guest Speaker. The Combined Choirs will provide the ministry in song. The Afternoon Service has been cancelled.
- All Van Drivers must be on the Pine Grove Insurance Approved List. Without approval in the event of an accident, the drivers assumes personal responsibility and the accident will be covered by the driver’s personal insurance.
- Attention All Choir President; Please give a choir roster and history for your choir to Sister Eloise Chase or Deacon Tyler Davis. This information is needed as we celebrate Choir Month.
- The 5th Annual “SISTAH-2-SISTAH LET’S TALK” Married and Singles Ladies Slumber Party will take the ministry on the road to Columbia, South Carolina, April 16-19, 2015. The first task is to contract transportation (Luxury Bus) to the event. Ladies, if you desire to participate in next year’s event and ride the bus, you need to secure a seat. The cost of a single seat is $100.00 and a Double Seat is $200.00. In addition, the cost will cover snacks, water, games, prizes and movie, during the ride. A Bus Deposit of $50.00 must be paid by July 13TH 2014. For details, contact the event coordinator/leader, Mother Sylvia Folks and signup for the Bus Ride Now.
- Men Get-A-Way Fellowship 2015:
Men, the Sisters has elected to be generous and allow us to tag along with them, in support of their “Sistah-2Sistah” women event, scheduled for 16-19 April 2015, at the Marriott, Augusta GA. We will not participate in any of the ladies’ main activities, with the exception of a couple, which will be announced later. Husbands are expected to lodge with their wives. Reverend Douglas A. Slaughter, Pastor, Second Baptist Church, 342 Laurens ST NW Aiken, South Carolina 29801 has agreed to accommodate/facilitate/host the men group, during the weekend event. In order to help Pastor Slaughter plan to keep us busy, during our visit, we must submit a list of things that we might be interested in doing. The chartered bus ride is for the Ladies only. We anticipate renting a van and we anticipate some driving their own vehicle. Men be sure to sign up, as soon as possible, with your preferences for this trip. The coordinator for this get-a-way fellowship is Reverend E. Folks at 256.417.5778 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2014 Thanksgiving Baskets:
It’s Harvest Time and we invite you to start bringing your canned goods and non perishable food items to the Church, so we can get a jump start on preparing our Thanksgiving Food Baskets. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please make your check payable to Pine Grove M. B. Church. If you know someone that will benefit from receiving a Thanksgiving Basket, please submit their name to Sister Ellis Jean Robinson immediately following morning worship. Sister Robinson will also accept your monetary contributions. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to share our blessings with others. We pray that you will give prayerful consideration to participating in gathering food and distributing the baskets to the various families. The baskets will be prepared and distributed on November 15, 2014 at 9:00 am.
- Attn: High School Students, Recent graduate, parents of college student and prospective college student, there will be a 2014 College Awareness Seminar to be held on Saturday November 1st at 1:00 P.M. at the Little Zion M. B. Church in Athens, AL. Dr. Timothy McDonald Provost & Senior Vice President, Oakwood College and Pastor Earnest Williams, Department Chair, Mathematics, Calhoun College will be the guest facilitators. There is a flyer on the bulletin board with additional details.
Expressions and Memorabilia
- Please see Brother Walter Booker if you would like a DVD of Special 2014 Worship Services.
- Mike Hampton is selling $5.00 tickets for entrance to the Belk Charity Day Sale on Saturday, November 8th. Proceeds go to Special Olympics. Please see Sister Tammy Hampton to purchase your ticket. Juantez is also selling tickets for this same Charity Sales you may see Sister Ellis Jean Robinson for tickets also.