Happy New Year Pine Grove!
This Year, Strive to Get Involved Spreading the Word so we Can Influence Our Community. Remember, we represent Jesus when we talk, when we text, and when we act. Every thing we do must be in keeping with the Word.
This Week's Upcoming Events
- Monday, January 5, 2015 – 6:00 P.M. – No Ministry Meeting.
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015 – 7:00 P.M. – No Ministry Meeting.
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015 – 6:30 P.M. – No Intercessory Prayer Service OR Bible Study – Weekly Intercessory Prayer Service and Bible Study will RESUME on Wednesday, January 14, 2015. Adult class will start with Acts Chapter 18.
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 – 6:30 P.M. – The Angelic Chorale Choir will rehearse.
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. – The Christian Workers Fellowship will meet in the conference room. Elections of officers will be held. Sister Eloise Chase will teach the bible lesson. New members are welcome.
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 – 7:30 P.M. – The Brotherhood Chorus will rehearse.
- Saturday, January 10, 2015 – 8:00 A.M. – The Brotherhood Organization will meet in the Memorial Fellowship Hall. New Members are welcome.
- Saturday, January 10, 2015 – 9:30 A.M. – The Boys to Men will meet in the Memorial Fellowship Hall.
- Saturday, January 10, 2015 – 12:00 (Noon) – The Senior Usher Board will meet in the conference room. Anyone interest in joining the usher board is also invited to attend this meeting.
Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth... We are Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church. Come and join us. Our primary worhip services commence every Sunday starting at 11:00. You will surely be blessed. We are a mainstream Baptist Church founded in 1894 located at 759 Pine Grove Road - Harvest, Alabama. We Believe that the Holy Scriptures are the inerrant Word of God.... and that Jesus Christ is the Righteous Judge of all mankind. We believe that by accepting Jesus as your personal savior, you can be saved. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the primary interpreter of the Scriptures for each individual believer. We believe that we must love, pray for, and care for our neighbors in order to please God. Come and worship with us. Let's give Praise and Honor to the Lord together.
On this Sunday...
- Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 9:30 A.M. – Sunday School.
- Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:00 A.M. – Duty Officers: Deacon Ronald Fletcher , Deacon James Friday- Devotional Prayer; Pastor Turner will bring the message, the Brotherhood Chorus will provide the ministry in song.
- Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 5:00 P.M. – Praise Dance Ministry will practice.
- Regarding Donations, Offerings and Tithes: In order to properly document all financial contributions, please write your name and correct monetary amount on an offering envelope. Use an envelope, with a printed name and amount even when the donation is paid by check.
- Saturday, January 17, 2015 – 8:00 A.M. – Christian Girls United NOTE IMPORTANT CHANGE! CGU leaders and advisors will meet from 8:00-9:00 and ALL members will meet from 9:00-11:00. Anyone interested in joining CGU for 2015 are invited to come. Our girls range from age 5 years old to age 18. Maybe you would like to help with leading this group. We have some exciting things planned and we would love to have all interested. If you desire additional information, please see Sis Nakia Redmon.
- Saturday, January 24, 2015 – 9:30 A.M. – The Information Technology Ministry will conduct a Video Production training class on Saturday, January 24, 2015 starting at 11:30 am – 1:15 pm in the church Sanctuary. There will be SCRATCH Programming training classes ongoing in the Memorial Fellowship Hall starting at 9:30 am – 10:30 am and a Wireless Networking class starting at 10:30 am – 11:30 am. Youth from ages 7 to Adults are welcome to attend these training sessions. Please see Brother Bernard Nealy for additional details.
- The Huntsville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is currently accepting applications for the Huntsville Alumnae Chapter tuition Scholarships to High School Seniors. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement (GPA 3.0 or above) and are for tuition only. You may pick up application forms in the vestibule; the deadline is January 16, 2015.
- The 5th Annual “SISTAH-2-SISTAH LET’S TALK” Married and Singles Ladies Slumber Party will take the ministry on the road to Augusta, GA, April 16-19, 2015. The first task is to contract transportation (Luxury Bus) to the event. Ladies, if you desire to participate in next year’s event and ride the bus, you need to secure a seat.
Price for Bus
Single seat is $100.00 per person (Share a seat)
Double Seat is $200.00 per person (Seat to yourself)
Total Price for 3 night at the Marriott Augusta, GA Riverwalk
(Single rooms 1 bed, Double room 2 beds)
Single Room $450.00 per person
Double Room $225.00 per person (2 per room)
$150.00 (3 per room)
$112.50 (4 per room)
Small – X Large $11.00
XX Large – XXX Large $13.00
XXXX Large – XXXXX Large $16.00
All meals are taken care of EXCEPT 1 when we go offsite;
All payment for Hotel needs to be paid by 27 February 2015. For additional details, contact the event coordinator/leader, Mother Sylvia Folks and signup for the Bus Ride Now.
- Men Get-A-Way Fellowship 2015:
Men, the Sisters has elected to be generous and allow us to tag along with them, in support of their “Sistah-2Sistah” women event, scheduled for 16-19 April 2015, at the Marriott, Augusta GA. We will not participate in any of the ladies’ main activities, with the exception of a couple, which will be announced later. Husbands are expected to lodge with their wives. Reverend Douglas A. Slaughter, Pastor, Second Baptist Church, 342 Laurens ST NW Aiken, South Carolina 29801 has agreed to accommodate/facilitate/host the men group, during the weekend event. In order to help Pastor Slaughter plan to keep us busy, during our visit, we must submit a list of things that we might be interested in doing. The chartered bus ride is for the Ladies only. We anticipate renting a van and we anticipate some driving their own vehicle. Men be sure to sign up, as soon as possible, with your preferences for this trip. The coordinator for this get-a-way fellowship is Reverend E. Folks at 256.417.5778 or email@example.com.
- All students’ grades 9-12 who earned an A and B average for each subject during the first semester of the current school year are asked to see Sister Carol Tucker or Deacon Tyler Davis to obtain an Student Profile and parental Release Form after service. These students will be honors by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. at their annual Honors Convocation.
Expressions and Memorabilia
- Please see Brother Walter Booker to order a DVD of the Revival Services, Workshop, RICMBA Brotherhood Concert, Christmas Play and the Watch Night Service.